Details

My photo
Sci-fi and Young Adult author: sometimes both. Dad, geek, diver. Tea, no coffee. @MikeCamel

Thursday 14 March 2013

... despite the pounding in my head ...

... the little ones just would not shut up. I mean, we've talked about this year after year after year. Just one day of peace, please, I beg of them. And do they oblige? No. Never. "It's Christmas morning," they whinge. "We want our presents." Well, they would, wouldn't they? I'm sick of it, really I am. Don't they know how busy I've been? They've seen me! I'm always working. Don't they know how much I had to eat and drink last night? Anyway: once, just once, I want to sleep in. The chances? Zero. Stupid elves.


This is a 100wcgu (100 word challenge for grown-ups).

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Love it. I felt a little Santa twist coming, and when it came, I was delighted.
    AliciaAudrey.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia - thanks: glad you enjoyed it. Even more pleased that my 8yo didn't guess until the very end!

    ReplyDelete