Details

My photo
Sci-fi and Young Adult author: sometimes both. Dad, geek, diver. Tea, no coffee. @MikeCamel

Saturday 16 March 2013

Hacking the Dragon - a teaser

I was talking to J, my eldest, last night.  She's re-reading Hacking the Dragon after its revision.  I was surprised that she wanted to read it again, but very pleased.  In fact, she's got in on her Kindle, and is stopping and making notes, some of which are very helpful.  It turns out that she's a very discerning reader, thinking hard about what she's reading, and why it works, but given that she's only 8, she's quite inexperienced, which brings a breath of fresh air to her criticism.

While we were discussing it, she went and found a folder she and and a friend had put together when she'd read the first draft.  It included a few blurbs that they'd come up with.

"Lots of people have the Chip, maybe too many? Kate wants the Chip, but will she always?"

Maybe it's more of a teaser than a blurb, but I think it's really interesting. The Chip, as it happens, is a kind of brain-machine interface, and it's core to the story...

1 comment:

  1. From J herself: "I am J, and it was me that thought of that blurb/teaser, not Mummy, not Daddy, not M: me."

    ReplyDelete